10 SIGNS THAT YOU NEED TO DRINK MORE WATER IMMEDIATELY
Water is what the body is mostly composed of. In order to survive, we need to consume water. The muscles and kidneys only are made of 73% of water, the blood is composed of 83%, lungs of 90%, while the brain is made of 76% water. 3 liters or 12 cups is the recommended amount of water for men while for women 2.2 liters or 9 cups.
Those who don’t drink enough water can experience these symptoms:
- The urine will be dark yellow – the usual color of the urine should be light yellow-amber, and if you don’t have enough water, then the kidneys will excrete more waste in the urine like blood cells, toxins, and proteins that results in darker urine. The urine can be dark also when you consume some meds, beets, B-Vitamins, food coloring, asparagus, and blackberries. In case you notice changes in the color of your urine, you should increase the consumption of water and observe the color if it becomes lighter. If the urine stays darker for a longer period of time, then it may denote health problems like gallstones or hepatitis.
- The output of your urine is reduced – usually people urinate 6-7 times per day, however, if you don’t drink enough water then there will be less fluid available to replace the fluids which are excreted from the body, thus the kidneys will keep as much fluids as possible so that you can prevent dehydration. You water intake needs to be increased immediately if you urinate less than 6 times per day.
- Constipation – in case you don’t drink enough water then your body will absorb water from wherever it can, including the colon, and the insufficient amount of water in the large intestine can lead to harder stools. If you want to prevent or treat constipation you should consume a lot of water. Hypothyroidism, intestinal inflammation, inactivity, food sensitiveness, tress, and dysbiosis can also cause constipation.
- Your wrinkles will get more defined and your skin will be drier – dehydration can cause irritation, inflammation, itching, and sensitiveness to your skin, and in severe cases it can become red with cracks and bleeds. Moreover, dehydration can cause appearance of wrinkles. Drink more water in order to revitalize.
- Hunger and weight gain – the body does not know the difference between hunger and thirst, and the hypothalamus, the part of the brain responsible for the regulation of hunger and thirst, is often confused because it causes hunger when your organism needs water. Eating a snack instead of drinking water can result in an excess calorie intake and weight gain. For this reason, when you feel hungry, you can drink a cup of water and wait for 15 minutes. If you still feel hunger after that, t is a sign that you should eat something.
- Thirst and dry mouth – most of the people find it tough to believe that feeling thirsty is actually a sign that the body is slightly dehydrated. Dry mouth I another sign that the body needs hydration.
- Headaches – not drinking enough water can cause the body absorb water from other tissues in order to compensate for the lack of the fluids. For this reason, the brain tissue loses some of its moisture and shrinks, pulling away from the skull, triggering the pain receptors and resulting in a headache. When you don’t consume enough water, the blood volume drops and then reduces the amount of oxygen which is carried in the brain. The blood vessels, in response to this, will dilate and the headache will intensify.
- Fatigue – one study conducted in 2011 showed that mild dehydration can cause fatigue, lower energy, and tiredness. Once the body lacks water, the heart needs to work harder in order to push the oxygen and nutrients through the body, thus when you feel tired, skip our coffee, (it is dehydrating) and drink water. Water should not be substituted with soda, tea, coffee, and sports drinks.
- Pain in the joints – water lubricate the joints as it allows two bones to slide over each other when the joints move. If you do not consume enough amounts of water, the joint will become deficient of nutrients and that can cause damage to the cartilage cells. If your organism lacks water for a longer period of time, the cartilage will degenerate beyond repair.
- Weak immune system – dehydration can case an increase of toxin concentration in the blood and this can weaken the immune system. It is highly important to drink enough amounts of water in order to eliminate the toxins and help the immune system defend from infections.
Reduce the intake of juices and coffees as they dehydrate the body due to the sugar and caffeine content.