We constantly talk to women about the importance of maintaining a skincare routine. This time, we have separated some tips for men to take care of their skin daily and know what procedures should be performed before the summer to enhance their effects.
Although it is “all skin,” the skin of men and women has some differences. The action of hormones mainly causes these distinctions: progesterone and estrogen are responsible for making women’s skin thinner and with less sebaceous secretion – in addition to interfering with the color and texture of hair, which are usually lighter and thinner -; testosterone, on the other hand, causes men to have about 20% thicker skin. Besides, collagen production in the male body is higher and more constant (in women, there is a significant drop in collagen production during and after menopause). This explains why male skin, in general, is firmer and takes longer to show wrinkles. When it comes to skincare for men, then it is for sure your need to understand the following.
Male Skin Care Routine
Maintaining good skin care habits is the best way to prevent wrinkles, blemishes, skin cancer, and premature aging.
- The routine should start with cleaning with a specific product – do not use the same soap on your face that you apply on your body.
- After cleaning, take care of hydration with a product suitable for your skin type. Suppose these products were previously aimed at the female audience today. In that case, there is a wide variety of male products on the market for dry, normal, or oily skins, in addition to more specific and treatment outcomes.
- Do not neglect sun protection even on rainy or cloudy days. Use daily and reapply throughout the day a factor filter with anti-UVA and UVB sun protection at least 30.
- In the evening, repeat the washing and hydration procedures.
- Drink at least two liters of water daily and maintain a healthy diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Apply a facial tonic three times a week and exfoliate weekly. Every six months, it is recommended to do a deep cleansing of the skin with a specialist.
Shaving daily means attacking the skin constantly, causing stress on the epidermis, which can bring some consequences such as atopic dermatitis, folliculitis, inflammation of hair follicles caused by an infection that can be of viral, bacterial, or fungal origin, which causes blisters with pus, similar to pimples, which can leave permanent marks on the skin and other inflammations. To avoid folliculitis and other problems caused by daily shaving, the choice of an aftershave lotion is essential, such as the aftershave gel, which has a moisturizing, healing, anti-inflammatory action and also combats premature aging; besides, use remember sharp, lubricated, and clean blade, and cut the hair in the direction of growth, never the other way around.