The word “anandamide” has Sanskrit origin, “Ananda” meaning bliss. It sounds like an indicator of the cannabinoid’s properties as a mood enhancer. It was first discovered by an esteemed chemist, Dr. Raphael Mechoulam while attempting to answer the question: Why cannabinoids receptors that are capable of binding with external or cannabinoids such as CBD or THC, are contained in the body?
It is also known as N-arachidonoylethanolamine. It is a fatty acid neurotransmitter. It is stemmed from the non-oxidative metabolism of arachidonic acid.
Our body creates Anandamide (AEA)only when needed, like to keep homeostasis. This is done by helping to regulate inflammation and neuron signaling. As soon anandamide is created, it primarily binds itself with the body’s cannabinoid receptors i.e. CB1 and CB2 just in the same way as a cannabinoid such as THC would upon ingestion. Anandamide is molecularly fragile. Its molecular fragility lends anandamide to be broken down quite easily. Hence, anandamide does not stick around longer in the body.
It interacts with the body’s CB receptors similarly to cannabinoids like TCH. Anandamide act as a signal messenger for CB receptors located in the body.It has 50% powder and 85% oil. The molecular weight is 361.526 g/mol. The melting point is -4.8°C. It is soluble in DMSO, Methanol, and Water. It can be stored at 0-4 C for the short term or -20 C for the long term. It appears as a light yellow powder.
It is synthesized enzymatically in the areas of the brain that have a significant role in memory, thought processes, and control of movement. According to researches results, anandamide plays a role in the making and breaking of short-term communications between nerve cells, and it is related to learning and memory.
Animal studies indicate that too ample anandamide provokes forgetfulness. This implies that if substances could be formulated that retain anandamidefrom binding to its receptor, these might be employed to deal with memory loss or even to improve existing memory.
Anandamide: Physiological functions
- The effects of anandamide can be produced on central or peripheral nervous systems. The CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the CNS and CB2 cannabinoid receptors in the periphery will primarily mediate the distinct effects.
- It has been revealed to harm functioning memory in rats.
- It is also a significant role in the implantation of the early-stage embryo in the uterus. Anandamide has been recommended as a biomarker of infertility, but so far requires any prognostic values.
- It also plays a role in the regulation of feeding behavior and the neural generation of motivation and pleasure.
- It is the precursor of a class, the prostanoids, and physiologically active substances.
- The proliferation of human breast cancer cells is inhibited by anandamide.
AEA is synthesized in areas of the brain where memory, motivation, super cognitive processes, and movement control are managed. In this manner, it impacts physiological systems like Alpha GPC https://www.cofttek.com/product/28319-77-9/ such as pain, pleasure, reward, and appetite regulation.