As important it is to choose a suitable method of bariatric surgery, it is of equal importance to find out the best bariatric surgeon. While looking for the best bariatric surgeon in Mexico, one can focus on the following points:
- Experience: There are both generals as well as specialized surgeons who can perform bariatric surgery. Thus, a patient should find out the surgeon who have hands-on experience on the type of surgery the patient requires.
- Type of surgery the surgeon performs: Although bariatric surgery is a safe procedure, there might be certain complications while losing weight after the surgery. The patient should choose doctors who perform their required surgery and are open to talk about the risk and complications.
- Comfortable with the doctor: Bariatric surgery can be a daunting experience for many who are facing social isolation or criticism due to their body weight. Surgery can be fully successful if you are comfortable to open up in front of your surgeon.
- Cooperativeness of the surgeon: It is natural for a patient to ask numerous questions before undergoing surgery. If your surgeon can satisfy all your queries, you should carry on with the procedure. The surgeon must also provide post-operational services to the patient.
- Location of the surgeon: Before choosing a surgeon, it is important to make sure that the traveling to and fro from the hospital or clinic is feasible. Always try to look for surgeons who are located nearby so that they can be contacted in an emergency and also save the expenses of traveling.
- Testimonial from past patients: It is always welcome information if you get to know the experience of the patients that have been treated by your surgeon. You can ask the surgeon to provide the testimonial of the past patients of bariatric surgery. If you are lucky enough you might come across some patients who are willing to share their experience with you.