The first thought that comes on hearing Intravenous (IV) therapy is a hospital’s emergency room. IVs are a great way to instantly supply the body with essential vitamins and minerals. As opposed to oral medications, IVs bypass the need to go through the digestive system and immediately start to circulate in the body. But IVs are not limited to hospitals only. On-demand IV therapy in Los Angeles and other parts of the United States is available as a replenishment or recovery therapy.
Services such as Rest IV Therapy in LA can provide drip assistance at home, hotel room, office or even a beach. The IV hydration that includes a special blend of vitamins and electrolytes can differ from a person’s symptoms. The IV fluids on demand are used for:
· Hangovers after parties
· Dehydration due to weather conditions, overexertion or flu
· Food poisoning
· Jet lag
· Precautionary replenishment before a trip, party or an event
· Combating migraines
Is IV Therapy Safe?
IVs on their own are safe but to ensure that you get the maximum benefit out of it without much discomfort, look for services that have licensed medical professionals on board. They are well-versed with attaching the multi-vitamin saline bag directly into the vein for maximum effectiveness. Most IV providers in the LA region provide a 24/7 service with prompt visits to your location within 30 minutes to an hour. Depending on your need, they might have various blends and formulas that can be injected through the veins.
Although a lot depends on your need, whether the IV is precautionary or to combat a certain ailment, it will have a blend of following vitamins and minerals:
· Vitamin B that improves glucose metabolism and ensure proper body system functioning
· Vitamin B2 that breaks the nutrients down for easy absorption and allows maximum use of oxygen by the body
· Vitamin B3 that lowers harmful triglycerides fats in the blood
· Vitamin B5 that promotes healthy blood cells
· Vitamin B6 that improves mood, promotes brain health and treats nausea
· Vitamin B12 that helps with blood cell formation and promote better bone health
· Biotin for better skin, hair and nails with improved metabolism
· Folic acid that helps in the production and maintenance of new cells
· Dr John Myers’s Myers Cocktail that treats several clinical conditions with the help of a special blend. It includes B-vitamins, Vitamin C, Magnesium and Calcium
· Vitamin C that repairs body tissues and improves the immune system
· M.I.C (Methionine, Inositol & Choline) formula to burn fat, promote better liver function and relieve fatigue and alleviate allergies by lowering the histamine release
· Amino Blend with vitamins and nutrient mix to improve the digestive system and reduce fatigue. It can be an excellent fluid to boost workouts while on running, cycling or in the gym
The Bottom Line
IV therapy at your home is a great boost as patient empowerment. It is also a good way to ensure that your party or event takes place without affecting your loved ones. The IVs are ideal for boosting the immune system especially if you are going on vacation or during a seasonal allergy period. These treatments can be intermittent or can become a routine depending on the recommendation of professional clinical staff.