Skin problems are a part of our life. At every different stage of life, we suffer various skin issues. Other skin disorders are dark spots, pimples, dark circles, aging skin, wrinkles, inflammation, vitiligo, etc. Every person is undoubtedly suffering from one or two of these skin issues. But if skin issues are part of life, it doesn’t mean we cannot get clear and glowing skin by getting rid of these skin issues. Furthermore, we can quickly cure these skin disorders in many ways, such as using some of the best and most effective skin and beauty care products like face moisturizer.
We all want to have beautiful and glowing skin. And that’s why we used to do so many things, from cosmetic products to natural home remedies to getting advice from dermatologists online. It’s not about using skincare products to cure skin problems, but it’s about whether whichever beauty products you are using are suitable for your skin type. No matter which branded or non-branded product you are using, keep in mind that it is ideal for your skin type.
Why do you need to know your skin type before using any skincare or beauty product? Every product is not suitable for every kind of skin. If you are using a skincare product that is not suitable for your skin, it can harm your skin. It can cause rashes, irritation, and other skin issues to your skin. Rather than curing your skin disorders, it can increase your skin problems more by using skincare products without knowing your skin type. In addition, it can have side effects on your body or skin. So, the most crucial step you should take before using any beauty or skincare products is to identify what type of specific skin you have.
How could you know the skin type of your skin? There are different types of skin; normal skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, dry skin, and oily skin. Identifying your skin type is simple and quick using the following methods;
Bare-faced method –
You can quickly identify your skin types with your bare face by following these methods. What you all need to do is as follows;
- First, you need to wash and clean your face properly with normal water and a Cleanser and apply face serum.
- Do not use any moisturizer or any other cosmetic product. And leave bare skin for thirty minutes.
- Then observe your cheeks, nose, and chin for shine.
- Check while smiling or making any other facial expression; if you feel your skin is tight, you have dry skin.
- If you can notice your forehead and nose are shining, then your skin type is a combination.
- If you can observe that your cheeks glow along your forehead and nose, you have oily skin.
Blotting sheet method –
If you want to know the specific type of skin you have with the blotting sheet method, then you have to follow the below-mentioned steps;
- First, take blotting paper and pat it on your face correctly.
- Then take the sheet towards the light. You have oily skin if you can see some oil on the sheet.
- And if you can observe that if the blotting paper has little or no oil, then your skin type is dry.
Similarly, along with skin care, you should also take care of your hair and keep in mind to use healthy hair products such as hair lotions, conditioners, etc.